Today we celebrate the 223rd anniversary of the signing of the Constitution of the United States. On this date in 1787, the delegates to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia signed the Constitution.
At the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C., where the Constitution is on permanent display in the Rotunda, there is a celebration planned.
If you aren’t in D.C. today, you can learn more about some other remarkable documents that lead up to the signing of the Constitution in the video below.
Also, take a look at our set of photos on Flickr to see some important images about the document and the day:
For More Information:
- The Charters of Freedom: Constitution of the United States
- Constitution Day Activities at the National Archives
- The Constitution Facebook Page of the National Archives
- Check out some Constitution Day pictures on our Flickr Photostream
- Learn more about the Constitution and Constitution Day at Our Archives